Time to record and finish potty training

The last post was an absentee-post from my parents' house, where I have been for the past three days. My sisters and I decided to record a singing cd this summer; now that school is about to start and Bubby is about to be born, we're finally getting around to it :D.

Saturday night, New Daddy recorded the guitar accompaniment tracks on his own studio, which I brought with me so that Danny could transfer them to his studio. I drove up to SC Sunday afternoon, and we practiced until 2:00 Monday morning. After we woke up, I recorded the piano accompaniment tracks. That afternoon, we headed over to Danny and Donna's house to record the violin tracks and the vocals. We didn't get any vocals recorded, because we're perfectionists, and it wasn't right yet.

Tuesday, we practiced until about 2:30 and got three songs ready to record. Then, we went to Danny's and recorded those songs in about two hours. Wednesday morning, Aunt Ma left for Mexico with a group from their church. That was the end of recording vocals. So, I recorded my piano-only cd again, only this time on my parents' piano. Wednesday afternoon, we went to my parents' church and recorded the organ tracks on the Hammond B3, plus one more violin track.

One thing about recording is that we didn't realize how much work we would have to do just to get the songs to a level that they're ready to be recorded! And then it takes time to mix everything. The bottom line: recording takes time :). We're so thankful Danny is a patient guy, and he's willing to travel!

Uncle W and his wife went to Mexico, too, so my mom had all three grandkids at the house Wednesday! How she kept them quiet while I was recording on the other side of the house, I don't know. She said she read them books and told them Bible stories. Then, she packed everything up and kept them in the nursery at the church while I recorded the organ-stuff. I know Precious had a blast being with her younger cousins. Unfortunately, Cousin S had to learn to get out of the way when Precious is shutting doors (her new favorite thing to do) to keep his fingers from getting smashed...

Here are Cousin I, Precious, and Cousin S banging on the piano at my grandparents' house late Wednesday afternoon.

Another very cool thing that my mom did was help me to finish Precious' potty training! Monday was one dirty diaper after another. Tuesday, I was starting to put on Precious' diaper, and she shook her head "no." I made sure that she didn't want her diaper, and then tied her dress up so she could sit on the potty by herself. She had one accident on the kitchen floor, but she stopped peeing and finished up after I put her on the potty. After that, she went to the potty on her own for the rest of the day-- with a few reminders!

Yesterday was a little less successful with her cousins around and my mom being busy with them, but Precious still did pretty well! Cousin I and Cousin S were fascinated with her pottying abilities :). My mom gave me the idea to put down plastic drop cloths on the carpet at home. That is my plan from now on, until she's finished with her training and can wear underwear full-time! Whoopee! We're almost there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay & halleluigh! No more diapers for Renee. :-)

I'm dying to hear your finished product. Let me know as soon as they come out...
Anonymous said…
I so can't wait to hear that CD! It's going to be AWESOME!!

And by the way... I would have thought that Renee's cousins were the older ones. Ha... got you there!

Miss you guys. Hope I can come back and see you all again soon...

God bless ya'll!!
New Mommy said…
Right now, Renee is the youngest grandchild on both sides. I think what I meant about the cousins is that she has two sets: the older ones, Zach (6) and Esther (4), and the younger ones, Isaac (2) and Samuel (1.5). Didn't mean to be confusing! :P

I sure hope you can come back soon, too! For now, it sounds like certain folks here are planning their trips to Australia... ;D
Anonymous said…
Oh, the way you said it sounded like they were younger than her... I wouldn't have figured you meant her youngest cousins!

Who's coming to Australia? Do tell! Because otherwise I'll be the last to know!!

And I really really want to come back over soon. Pray that it works out!
New Mommy said…
Marie said something about a visit, but maybe that was wishful thinking...

Yeah, that cousins-bit was confusing, wasn't it :).