Cookout

Today was our "last hurrah" at Uncle B and Aunt Mo's old house. They're buying another, much larger house about an hour and twenty minutes from us. Today, we went there for lunch and the last cookout at the old place. Mimi and Poppy took Cousins Z and E back home with them, since next week, Aunt Mo will be busy with the final details of inspecting and selling their house and buying the new one.

Z and Precious

Z, Mo, B, E

Poppy, Mimi and their grands

Playing sock keep-away. Why they would want to go after New Daddy's dirty socks, I just don't know! ;)

Precious has been in cloth training pants with a waterproof liner at home, a disposable pullup when we're out, and a disposable diaper for sleep. And she's staying clean and dry! The only exception to this is naps and nighttime. If I catch her as she's waking up, she usually stays dry. If I don't catch her, she usually wets herself. She has only soaked the trainers once, and I think that was enough ;). Did you notice that she was swim diaper-free in the last post? We take her portable potty out on the deck and let her go when she needs to. Since I've put her in the trainers and started the cold water cleansing, she has gotten much better at letting me know when she needs to go.

Precious is becoming more and more fascinated with our baby-to-be. Today she was giving him kisses and "love pats," and he kicked her right back! Ah, sibling rivalry. Last night, I started his registry at Target, and the Baby Bjorn Little Potty is an item! Bubby will be an EC baby. Now, I just need to figure out a cloth diapering system. Two years ago, these are things I never thought I would have been pondering and saying.

P.S. Precious' new word today is "ball." Also, Aunt Ma has posted about her wonderful trip to Jeffersonville. She and Alysa from Australia traveled there almost two weeks ago, and their posts are very worth reading!

Comments