New toy

We're going camping at Cades Cove next week. This afternoon, my old faithful Huffy touring bike busted a tube after New Daddy replaced the tires. Soooo, we headed to the bike shop to pick up a new tube and a rear brake cable. And, we drove home with this deal: an entry level mountain bike.

When I test-drove the Trek 3500, I was keenly aware of how much energy I had been wasting by riding the Huffy, and of how there was really no comparison between the two. We decided that with my birthday only three months away, this could be my "early birthday present." :D My feeling was, that, with me being pregnant, I really deserved an efficient machine. It rides beautifully and fits me perfectly.

I have a feeling it's going to be slow-going around the Loop, because I get Braxton-Hicks contractions just going up small hills. I hope I can make it! At least I'll have the right equipment (along with plenty of water). We're planning to strap Precious into the Snugli with a helmet and let her ride on New Daddy. She loved her test-drive around the cul-de-sac this evening!

We celebrated New Daddy's birthday with his family today. He adores fruit, and one of his requests for the menu was a fruit platter. Here's what we came up with:Mimi supplied most of the fruit, Aunt Mo cut most of it, and I arranged most of it. The strawberry on top was Mo's idea. The mound consisted of watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi fruit. Yum.

Comments