Over and out

It seems that as soon as I discovered that there was a potty strike, it was over. Precious asked New Daddy to go to the bathroom Saturday morning, and she went, to my complete amazement. During the (wonderful) Sunday evening service, she even signaled to me that she needed to tee-tee! Pretty exciting stuff :D! So, the pottying continues...

God was watching out for all of us during the storms that blew through early Saturday morning. I woke up at 4:00 and heard roaring outside. My first thought was, "Someone told me a tornado sounds like a train," so I woke New Daddy up. Our biggest fear was that a tree could fall on the house, and Precious' corner was the most exposed. So, we all moved down to the basement. While I was racing around the house getting things ready, New Daddy prayed for a minute. As soon as he had prayed, the wind died down. Then the rain started slacking off. Within thirty minutes, there was complete silence outside. God is so good to us.

New Daddy's parents are here for their spring break. Poppy is installing built-in bookshelves in the basement right now. We chose birch plywood, and they put a pickled finish on it. The result is beautiful, and I think the bookshelves will be just the thing to help our crowded basement stay a little neater! Poppy is The Bomb. After they finish up their hard work and grandchild-spoiling [:D], they're heading to SC to spend Easter at a little church there. I have the best in-laws in the world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank the Lord for protecting you guys!

I look forward to meeting your in-laws this weekend. They sound like very precious people.

Lord Bless!
Love ya'!
New Mommy said…
I'm sorry to say that Poppy and Mimi won't be in Jeffersonville for Easter! Bro. Sam is marrying Sis. Sharon C. from Jeff., and we're all going to wait until July to go up there for the wedding.

Their engagement announcement is at http://www.messagelinks.org/sam.

I know everyone will have a wonderful time fellowshipping this weekend! God bless you, and I hope you have a safe trip!
New Mommy said…
Glancing at their sunset picture-- Sharon looks a lot like you, Heather!

Sam is (one of) Monica's (many) brother(s) and Ben's friend, also.