Botanical garden and Easter parade

After the ultrasound yesterday, I came home with New Daddy, Aunt Ma, and my mother. We had lunch, and then we all sacked out for naps! When Precious woke up, we were all refreshed, too, and we set out for the Atlanta Botanical Garden.

The garden is really, really neat! We asked my mother what she wanted to do in Atlanta, and that was at the top of her list, since she loves gardening. In the rose garden, she found lots of roses that she wants to try! And the kids' garden is wonderful. Precious was just happy to be outdoors, but older children were there, too, and they all seemed to be really enjoying themselves. They have a Grandma's porch with a vegetable garden out back. Also, a sunflower fountain that splurts up water for kids to play in. And a pond with very vocal bullfrogs! It was hilarious to hear them. This is just a few of the many, many things we saw there. We've got to get over there this summer with Precious' cousins! And remember to bring the camera next time :-(.

Wednesday night after we got home from Uncle B's birthday party, there was a message on the answering machine from Ruthi. She wanted to know if I could play violin for the Easter parade at the nursing home Friday morning. Mom and Aunt Ma were leaving out this morning, so I told her we'd be there. It was really cute to see the ladies in their tissue paper bonnets and the men in their Easter hats. They were all decked out in their wheelchairs handing out candy to the staff and other residents along the way. I played Irving Berlin's "Easter Parade" for the festivities :-). Then, we came back to the activities room and played "Name that Tune" on piano.

Precious did something very unusual: she slept in her stroller for the parade! She had fallen asleep in her car seat and didn't wake up when I transferred her. She woke up during "Name that Tune," feeling rather confused! She sat in my lap while I played, though, and that went pretty well for her.

New Daddy got up at 4:30 this morning to go striper fishing with his dad. He called a little bit ago and said they caught a nice striper (6-7 lbs.) and a few spots. So, it was a successful trip this time!

For now, it's nice to just relax at home! I'm going to bake bread this afternoon. Aunt Ma and Mom brought my piano cd, and I'm listening to it right now. I like it! My dad is going to work a little more on the mastering before I duplicate it. It seems a little bass-y. We'll see how it turns out...

Comments

Anonymous said…
You can download Audacity yourself and do the CD editing. Great program.