Lil' bookworm

Precious is an obsessive reader. She'll pick one book and stick with it until, who knows? Right now, Precious' favorite book is Dr. Seuss's ABC's (thanks to Great-Grandma R). While dinner was in the oven, she had the book in the hall, and I asked her if she wanted me to read it to her. She nodded her head vigorously.

So, we read it, skipped a few pages here and there (she likes to turn pages herself). And then, I discovered that the little pocket on her overalls was just the right size for the book. I tucked it in. She then walked down the hall staring at her treasure, just like she would a pair of shiny shoes! WAH! So cute!

**************************************************************
This afternoon, I was reclining on the loveseat watching Precious toddle around the living room. He original task was to take a block across the room to the block-box. That was, until she discovered my shoes in front of the sofa. Heheheh. She dropped the block and picked up a shoe. "You found my shoe!", I said. Then, she got a bright-idea-look on her face, toddled the shoe over to me, and laid it on top of my foot that was on the loveseat!

I put it on, showed it to her, and bragged and bragged about how smart she was, and a good girl, etc. Didn't say anything about the other shoe-- wanted to see what she would do. Sure enough, she went back and grabbed the other shoe, and brought it to me, too! I put it on, got up and gave her a hugeamondo hug.

Comments