I have a new nickname

New Daddy dubbed me "The Great Wife Shark" tonight. I am honored.

The birds have really discovered the feeder now! When we headed out Friday, it was 2/3 full. When we came home Sunday, it was only 1/8 full. I refilled it during Precious' morning nap, and after she woke up, we watched about ten birds fight over the feeder. We stood at the deck door for 15 minutes, Precious happily squealing at the fluttering objects. What a blessing to rediscover the world with a child.

We had an eventful weekend with my family. My dad's dad turned 90 on Saturday, so we had a huge family reunion at my parents' house. Get this-- Grandad is 90, and he still flies his Cessna 120, still climbs stairs agilely (I witnessed this), and still can explain any engineering concept to rival any professor (he's a retired one). What a neat guy.

Comments

New Mommy said…
Pat is making a photo cd. When I get my copy, I'll make you one.