Evening at Aunt Debbie's

We are still recovering from the sleep deficit from getting to bed at 1:00 Thursday night, and then 2:00 this morning!

Several funny things happened last night. The funniest for me was when I tried a bite of Precious' canned baby food-- "Chicken and Wild Rice" while we were all eating dinner. No one knew what I was eating, of course, so when I exclaimed "AGH! This tastes like dog food!", no one knew that I was talking about canned baby food, not Aunt Debbie's delicious dinner! New Daddy's reply, while we were all in stitches: "Honey, some other time!"

The white elephant gifts were great to give and steal-- lots of laughs!

When we were in Cracker Barrel two weeks ago waiting on a to-go order, New Daddy gave Precious the toy-tour. She went through most of them with some degree of ennui... Then, New Daddy found a sock monkey. The world stood still for me as she took it-- and hugged it!!! As a mother, I had never had this feeling that I had to buy my child something because they loved it so much. Well, this was the first time I experienced this feeling. But, one glance at the price tag made me decide that I could make her one! When I went to order the socks, I found out that they come in packages of two pairs. So, I decided to make one for my cousin Brian, now about 16 months old. I finished up attaching all of the appendages on the way to Aunt Debbie's. It was so fun to make the sock monkeys! (well, I'm planning to finish Precious' on the way to Mimi and Poppy's house)

Brian and Kaye weren't there, because he was really sick and running a fever, etc. So, Uncle Mark will deliver it to him. We missed getting to see them! Y'all feel better soon!

Comments