Some work and some play

Yesterday was chore day-- I baked bread, did 4 loads of laundry, and changed sheets. I still have 4 more loads of laundry! They're all sitting in piles in the path from our bedroom to our bathroom. Last night I told New Daddy, "The good news is that the hampers are empty," whereas the hampers had been overflowing and spilling onto the floor. So today, I'm doing more laundry and baking more bread.

But yesterday, I also had a lot of time to play with Precious. The big thing right now is chase. She'll crawl a few paces, then turn around to see if I'm going to follow her. If I move towards her, she'll inhale a squeal, and get going! Then, I'll catch up to her, say "BAH!", grab her, flip her up as I lie down on the floor, and set her down on her stomach next to me, giggling and cackling.

I've found that I enjoy Precious a lot because child training has worked so well for us. It is such a blessing to a parent to have a child who obeys on first command-- no energy wasted on cajoling or being unpleasant. For me, it's not only efficient, but it lets me really enjoy her company. If Ruthi hadn't given me To Train Up a Child, I'd be in a miserable fix. Another thing that has worked well for us, especially in church, is lap training. After a few awful services (the baby, not the service :), I spent a few days on 15-minute sessions, and the difference is almost a miracle.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi,
that was a neat post. not that i have kids. but i do have a 2yr old sister know what its like with them wanting to get up and down in church. was intersting to read ur posts. :D