Our morning out-of-doors

When Precious woke up from her morning nap, she was fussy! I asked her several times, "Do you need to go back to bed, sweetheart?"

"Waaaah!" (lower lip pokes out)

The remedy: The Deck and the Out-of-Doors

It has been a georgous, balmy autumn morning. Since the house holds in cool air from the night, I sometimes open doors and windows when it's warm to let things air out and warm up. As soon as I put Precious down in the living room, she saw that the deck door was open and quickly made it to the door. As I swept the leaves, she explored the deck and found her choice leaves. (had to do a little training to keep them from going straight to her mouth :D)

Precious reminded me so much of myself! In the fall, I used to go outside and find my favorite leaves to make an autumn leaf collection. Precious scooted around the deck a lot, leaves in tow. It was so peaceful to watch-- her eager crawling, stopping, and picking up more leaves. And, of course, I couldn't resist taking oh, about sixteen pictures :). Here are a few...

-wildly waving leaves around-

-turning to look at Mommy-

-peering at the oh-so-fascinating camera-
(I was not behind the viewfinder :)

P.S. I just got off the phone with New Daddy, and he said "That was a complete waste of time. I mean, the personality test, not reading your blog." :)

Comments