Did I mention the weekend?

Okay, I'm back to tell you that we went to see my family this weekend. There were several events-- first, a birthday party for Cousins I and S, then a couples' shower for Brooke and Bryan, and then a mini-birthday party for Aunt Ma on Sunday afternoon.

And guess what, I forgot my camera :). Grandma, would you like to email me some of those prints so I can post some pictures? I'd especially like the Thomas-the-Lawn-Mower pictures!

You really had to see the lawn mower version of Thomas the Train to believe it. In Uncle W and Aunt B's new hometown, there is a man who has attached a Thomas the Train look-alike to his lawn mower, and made 3 cars to pull behind the lawn mower. And he rents his services out to whomever! He pulled the kids around the block for an hour. What an ingenious idea! Of course the kids loved it.

Then, we drove to F.I. for Brooke and Bryan's shower. What a great idea to have a couples' shower! And a great excuse to hire a babysitter (in my case, ask my mother :) and get out together! I also understand that Precious had a lovely visit with Grandmother W before they headed home. I wish I could have come, too! Okay, back to the shower-- the house was georgous, they had a cookout on the patio, the pasta salad was awesome! Great shower, and it was really nice to visit with Brooke, and for New Daddy to finally meet Bryan.

Sunday, I finally gave Aunt Ma the flylady.net feather duster that she asked for. And at church, when Bro. Luke shook Precious' hand and said "Hello there, little Miss B," she clapped!!! It was so cute. Somehow in the evening preaching, he managed to work in this: "I like New Daddy. He married New Mommy, and she got her degree, and now you know what she does? She's a diaper dunker!!" It was hilarious and so true. I sometimes say that my life began when Precious was born. What a blessing to be a help meet and a mother.

Comments