What we've been doing

Cutie is now bringing me things. And then, she expects a nice "thank you." This morning, she brought me her potty and then her wipe box. After the potty, I sat her on it, and she peed. After the wipe box, I sat her on the potty again, and she pooped! Did she actually know that I needed the wipe box for her poop?

We've started taking Precious and Bubby to Classical Conversations. Bubby isn't four yet, but since he is used to doing everything Precious does, we went ahead and let him start. Precious loves it, and prides herself on sharing the neat things she learns. Bubby likes being the lone boy in a room full of girls. Last week, I spied him putting a wrinkled, popped balloon on each of the girls' heads, just to watch it fall off and to see if they noticed. No one noticed, but it was great fun for him.

I've found that the day following school, I don't hear anything about school. Then, the second day after school, I hear a song and maybe one fact. Then, as the week goes on, the information snowballs; and by the time we return the next week, I've heard Precious review everything they learned. I've enjoyed observing how new information sinks into our minds.

And, one crazy moment from this afternoon. The older kids were ready for naps, but Cutie wasn't. So, I lay down with Precious and took a quick catnap with their door open so Cutie could come in and out. When I woke up, I found Cutie in the floor of my room, with her lovie blanket, fast asleep. This is a child who only sleeps in her crib and her carseat. I was shocked! I put her in her crib so she could finish her nap.

Comments