First "words"

Today has been a difficult day. But, even in the middle of getting over a flu-ish cold, having milk supply issues (something I never thought I would say), watching Precious come down with the same bug and taking care of her, and having to stay home from church to recover and quarantine ourselves... Cutie smiled.

Her first, true, social smile. It was Wonderful.

And, she's started babbling!


(I have to say, Saturday I did go ice skating. It was poetic justice. But, afterward, Precious started getting sick, the kids both peed on themselves, and apparently, the stress of the day was just too much for my milk. Tip to nursing moms, including myself: when you're sick, don't do too much too soon. Today has been spent in big-time recovery mode. Monday probably will be the same, except New Daddy won't be here to take over for me.)

Comments

New Mommy said…
I know! I thought I would get a break and have at least one quiet one! It'll be nonstop from here on out. lol
Anonymous said…
i'm sure you didn't, but if you take any cold or flu meds, remember they dry up your milk QUICK so if you ever take that stuff make sure you chug chug the water!
watch out for mastitis too while you're down! water water water!!!
ok, that was all free. big hugs!
jennifer