Thankful, again

This weekend, against better sense, I ordered a salad with lunchmeat on it. You know how lunchmeat is supposedly the most contaminated food ever, and how pregnant folks aren't even supposed to touch the stuff, just because of the nitrates. Well. I ignored all of that and ordered it anyway. I wanted something light, but I wanted some protein, too.

Three hours later.

We were on the road home, and I was starting to get stomach cramps. In the back of my mind, I was rehearsing another pregnant blogger's recent horror story of food poisoning. "New Daddy, we need to stop at the next exit, find a pharmacy, and let me buy a probiotic," I said. No problem with that, but he prayed for me while we were at it. And as soon as he asked God to touch my stomach, the cramps let up a little.

And then, just before we got to the exit, a feeling of complete love came over me, and I knew I loved my heavenly Father enough to trust Him for my healing. New Daddy asked me one more time as we neared the exit, and I said to keep going. The pains came, on and off, for the next hour or so, but each time, I just thanked God for healing me. And then, I realized that I was laughing with the kids again, talking, and feeling just fine.

I realized from this experience that it's good to exercise our faith once in a while to keep it in shape. I'm so very thankful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'm thankful too! and to be stuck in a vehicle and feeling icky is just, well, ick!

i am SO bad about the lunchmeat thing!!! :( i'll do better.
jennifer
Anonymous said…
You just get the right kind of lunch meat! Pickle and pimento loaf on pasty white with mustard! yeah! :)
New Mommy said…
You sound like my dad-- wait, is that my dad?