More on milk

Throughout this whole business of Tommy Irvin trying to dye our raw milk gray, I've been pondering exactly why I feel so strongly that this is just Evil. If you had any doubt about whether raw milk was a good thing or not, take a look at these testimonials from folks who have switched. Of course, there are are a few dissenters.

Claimed cures-- just a few of many

  • asthma
  • eczema
  • lactose intolerance
  • Crohn's disease
  • high blood pressure

First of all, I must add my own "cure" to this list. Lately, I had developed sensitivity in my canine teeth near my gumline. Since I started drinking raw milk, I have noticed that this sensitivity has gradually disappeared. Additionally, New Daddy hasn't had a single new cavity at the dentist, and neither have I. We had both had several fillings in the past few years. Any dentist will tell you that dental health is an excellent indicator of overall health.


Secondly, I had noticed that Bubby had an allergy to yogurt when he was around six months old. Either his digestive system caught up after he turned a year old, or raw milk is quite different from the pasteurized stuff. He drinks a good bit each day, eats the yogurt from it, and I see no signs of an allergy. When I weaned Precious at fifteen months, I absolutely could not get her to touch whole, organic milk from the store. Bubby loves raw milk; and, he's still nursing. To me, this is proof that kids know a substandard product when they're accustomed to mother's milk, God's best provision for babies.


Third, I believe in the "land flowing with milk and honey." Actually, God thought this "land flowing with milk and honey" was so wonderful that he promised it twenty times in the Old Testament. God gave us animals for milk, but didn't specify that the milk needed any treatment. Before modern farming practices (feedlots), people knew how to keep their animals healthy (letting them graze) so that the animal would give healthy milk. I believe that [raw] milk is God's perfect provision for our physical bodies. It doesn't need any amendment.


And, it certainly doesn't need Tommy Irvin's politics.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well said and I totally agree!