Life continues

Around 7:15 this morning, I was awake, and I heard a large truck in the cul-de-sac. Shortly after that, I heard Precious' door open, and she went running down the hall, wailing. New Daddy hopped up and quickly shuttled her into our room. The reason for her distress: "I didn't get to see the trash truck!" I told her that next time, she can open up her own window and look out to see it. You see, we usually watch it in the living room, since that's usually where we happen to be when the trash truck comes.

Of course, she woke up Bubby, who wasn't quite ready to wake up, but no worse for the experience. A little after 8:00, we piled in the car and headed to our hometown farmer's market, which I discovered just yesterday. I came home with a few tomatoes, some delicious cranberry muffins, and two small eggplants. None of the old-timers use pesticides, and they are Better Boy adherents. So, no heirlooms, but some nice tomatoes for a great price, and LOCALLY grown. Woo Hoo!

Tuesday night, New Daddy took a new wheel to the place where we had left the trailer, and the trailer was gone. Nothing. There was matted grass in the form of large tire tracks (a duly?), but that was it. He called the county police and filed a report. We'll have to see what happens.

Comments