Daddy-mountain

Lately, the game of "climb the mountain" has become very popular with Precious. New Daddy holds her hands, and she scales up until her feet reach his 6' 4" shoulders. I would say that's pretty high for a toddler! Precious had to have her mountain fix last night, so she taught my dad the game.

Yesterday, I went to my parents' house for a birthday party. My eldest cousin has relocated, and he wanted to re-meet everyone, plus our children who have arrived since we saw him last. After the party, I was too tired to drive home, so we stayed over. Around noon today on our way home, we passed New Daddy's office building. I brought him lunch so he could see his long-lost family.

At the end of our visit, New Daddy said "You're a sweet woman."

Precious piped up from the back seat, "You're a sweet mountain, Daddy!"

Speaking of speaking... Bubby has been saying his first few words! I thought, with having a child as gregarious as Precious, the next one would have to be more subdued. That doesn't seem to be the case. He's talking even earlier than she did. His first word was...

--and I think it's very telling--

"chlee chlee," which gradually evolved into "di di," which is Bubby's way of saying numero uno. His next words have been "hey," and then, "doo doo." "Di di" is used in several circumstances: 1) when I am taking off his diaper for him to eliminate, 2) right before eliminating while in the proper place, and 3) to signal me that he needs to eliminate while still clothed. He always says it with a huge grin on his face!

It's not 100%, in every case, but still, I'm impressed. What a guy.

~And now, Precious' cute-column~
Aunt Ma decorated our cousin's carrot cake with lettering and a beautiful freehand day lily. Since Precious is fascinated with cakes, we made many trips to the cake table to read and reread the cake ("Happy Birthday, David"-- yes, with a comma. Only someone from my family would put a comma on a birthday cake). Tonight, before Precious went to bed, she piled up her pink reversible blanket in one hand and said "It's a cake! Happy David cake!"

She's the cutest little baker I've ever seen!

Picasa for this post- birthday party.

Comments