Better than the news

Several things have happened to me recently that have made me realize that listening to the prophet of God is more current than listening to the news on the radio.

A couple of weeks ago, I was listening to Look Away to Jesus (63-1229E) in the car, and traffic was horrible. The "traffic people" on the radio had told us that Six Flags had free admission, and that was why that interstate was backed up. Then, I got on another interstate; traffic was moving pretty well. After a while, that traffic got sluggish, it seemed for no reason at all. There hadn't been an accident, and the volume of cars didn't appear to be overwhelming enough to slow things down. But, it was still slow.

About that time, Bro. Branham started saying this:

"There is coming a time upon, in this nation, to where this nation is going to exercise all the power that the beast had before it, which was pagan Rome when it become papal Rome, see, that this nation will do that.

Revelations 13 plainly explains it. "The lamb come up out of the earth. The other beast come up out of water," thickness and multitudes of people. This lamb come up where there were no people. A lamb represents a religion. The Lamb of God... And, remember, it spoke like a lamb. It was a lamb.

And then, after a while, it be-... received power, and spoke like a dragon; and exercised all the--the dragon, power the dragon had before him. And the dragon is "Rome," always. So don't you see? Roman denomination; "a mark," Protestant denomination; "a image unto the beast," making a power that'll force all Protestants, like a union. You'll have to be into this Council of Churches, or you won't be able to have fellowship
."

Just when he started saying that, I spotted a military plane coming from the air base to the north, my left. It flew south, crossed over the interstate, and disappeared past the trees. Then, traffic started moving again. Bro. Branham went on to make a statement about fellowship cards. Then, he came back to the squeeze:

"It's tightening. And then when that time comes, and the press comes to a place to where you're pressed out, then watch what I'm fixing to tell you in a few minutes. Watch the Third Pull then, see, and it'll be absolutely to the total lost, but it--it will be for the Bride and the Church."

While he was saying that, the plane reappeared, crossed back over the interstate, and returned to the air base. After this happened, traffic sped up, and I traveled to my destination at a normal speed.

~~~~~~~
Another time, I was listening to a talk show host rant about poor people. He was talking about welfare putting poor people in an endless cycle, etc.; you get the idea. I had heard enough of that, so I switched to the iPod. It was on The Ark (55-0522). Right away, I heard our prophet's voice say,

"No matter what you got here in this world, what you haven't got, keep your heart right in tune with God. For it's all, everything, all your houses, lands, all your money, all your sickness, all your health, all your children, all, everything that you've got here on this earth, will everything leave you, and you'll go right straight back to the beginning again. If that's right with God, you'll come forth again just as certain as there's a God in heaven. If it's not right with God, you got to take the other route. You're here to make a choice. Make it today for Christ."

It really blessed me to hear the prophet's answer to this worldly concern. He took my focus right back to Jesus Christ. I like to listen to a message several times in a row to get more out of it. Another time that I was listening to this same message, I passed this part before I realized how much it had meant to me a few days before, in the context of that radio show. I have to believe that this is just our our mighty God works.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen! I love it!

Great post. You've inspired me!
New Mommy said…
I really enjoyed your post on the topic, too!

Thanks!