Testing

"You know, He loves to test us. He loves to see the reaction of your faith. Did you know that? God likes to see how you'll react. When you say, "Oh, Lord, I believe You; Thou art my Saviour. I believe that You are the Healer; I believe that You are the One Who gives the Holy Spirit; and the things that I am requiring, You are the God Who gives that." And then when you confess all your sins and promise God what you'll do if He'll let you get well, and then because it don't happen, you run off like a coward somewhere, God can't use that. There's no way for Him to use you. There's no way for Him to answer you, because He only answers by faith. Then all of a sudden you go away and He can't answer. But real true faith stands there, being sure that God is. Be certain that He is."
(Be Certain of God, 59-0125)


Thursday night, we were listening to "Why Are People So Tossed About" (56-0101). The way it started was, I was reading the first paragraph on the computer, and by the time I got to the end of it, I just had to hear the tape. There was a certain point in the message that my shoulder had been fine, but it suddenly started throbbing. I responded by thanking God for my healing, and thanking him for Jesus' atonement at Calvary that bought my healing.

Ever since then, my shoulder has had no serious pain. I'm lifting my children just fine, and even at the end of the day, my shoulder feels great. I am so very thankful for His healing hand.

I can hear my Savior say
"Your strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."

Jesus Paid It All!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praise the Lord! and thank you for the wonderful quote! I hope He looks at me and sees that He can use me although i feel like i let him down so often!
jennifer
Anonymous said…
Amen Sister!

You are so right-It is all a TEST. Sounds like you've got the right attitude though, and that's what it's all about!

See you Sunday.

Sister Melody
Anonymous said…
Praise God! Isn't He so wonderful? I had a similar experience, with my shoulder. I couldn't even turn my neck, but I was listening to "Perfect Faith" at the time, and the Lord healed it completely, and haven't had any problems at all since!

"Why Are People So Tossed About?" is one of my most favourite messages! I've listened to it over & over for about a month now. Forgive me for noticing, but it's actually 56-0101. *smile*

"Be Certain Of God" is the CD that I'm listening to in the car at the moment, and I think I'm going to be hearing this one over & over too!

It's all so good... praise God!!
New Mommy said…
Thanks, Alysa! I've edited the post, as you see :).