A little fever and a lot of fire

Thanks to Uncle B for pointing out this tribute to Sister Rebekah. It sure made us teary-eyed! I love that the whole slide show is in black and white, and when it gets to the picture of what she looks like now, it's a color photo. To me, it symbolizes that the dimension that she's in is much more real than ours.

Precious felt a little warm last night when we put her in bed, and when I took her temperature this morning, it was 101.1 (or 38.4, since I couldn't figure out how to change the thermometer back to Farenheit). Plus that, she was much whiny-er than normal, and she needed lots of cuddles. I sure enjoyed that last bit! I've been giving her ibuprofen to keep the fever down. Other than that, she hasn't really had any other symptoms. Appetite has been fine, as well as everything else down there.

With a toddler who needs extra Mommy-care, pottying Bubby has pretty much gone out the window. I've found that it's very low-stress to let him do what he wants to do and just stick him on the potty when I have a free moment or if I think he really needs to go. Maybe I should continue this? I really don't think I will be able to once Precious gets better :). It's too much fun. He seems to be going through a potty-disliking phase, though. At least that makes everything fit together nicely.

Bubby rolled over from his stomach to his back today!

Tonight, New Daddy decided to make a fire before Precious went to bed. While I was rocking Bubby in the other room, I heard Precious' play by play of New Daddy rearranging the logs. It went something like this. "Oh, Daddydaddydaddy! No, Daddy! Fire hot! Nononono! Daddy!" Obviously, he had given her a lesson in fire safety. Heeeee.

After Precious went to bed, the fire started to die, so he added some logs. One of the logs was really smokey, so he decided to rearrange it, which introduced even more smoke into the room. This made breathing more like coughing, which made us, the midst of 30-degree weather, open a door and a window to make a nice cross breeze. Then, we flipped the ceiling fan on. Kinda defeated the purpose of a fire, huh? At least the fire was nice before it became a smoke pit.

Comments

Bob B said…
Hahahaha. Renee is hilarious. What a booger.