Delicious Pizza Crust

I got this recipe from Aunt Mo, who got it from her sister Irina. It yields two crusts that make every topping taste great!

Delicious Pizza Crust

1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 c warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 c whole wheat flour (hard white)
1 1/2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp flax seed, ground

Add together flours, reserving 1/2 c all-purpose, flax, and yeast. Warm water to 110 degrees, adding sugar, olive oil, and salt. Pour over flour mixture and stir, adding enough remaining flour to form a soft, elastic dough. Knead by hand about 10 minutes. Let rise in a warm place 45 minutes to an hour. Punch down and let rest about 10 minutes. Divide in half. Grease pizza pan with olive oil before adding dough. Roll dough out and top as you like.

Bake in 425 degree oven 16-20 minutes.

(My alteration: I like to bake the crust separately for 9-12 minutes, add toppings, and then bake for another 8-10 minutes.)

Yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, dear sis!

I made this tonight, and thought it absolutely wonderful. You can find a picture (and my comments :) at my blog.

Lots of love!!