False alarm

Last night after church, I was having lots of contractions and cramping. Thinking, "This is it," we left pretty quickly. We called in our to-go order to McAlister's and picked it up. Walking into the restaurant was quite an effort! We got our food and got back to the car. I was so excited; we've finally made it!

After I ate and had some water, everything stopped.

Guess what, classic pregnancy dehydration happened to me. I had not been drinking enough water, and it put me into early labor. I guess from now on, I'll be a little more careful about getting enough to drink. I know that the real stuff won't be stopped by drinking water!

But, my mom suggested on the phone this morning that maybe this episode helped me progess a little more? I sure hope so-- that means less work later on!

Comments

New Mommy said…
A great book with a table on prelabor vs. real labor is the Sears Birth Book. I can't say enough about how educational it is! I wish I'd had it my first time around.