Cloth, here we come!

I ordered a set of 12 cloth, one-size diapers for Bubby from Motherease.com today. I also ordered three pullup cloth diapers for Precious. For her, these will be for outings and nighttime. During the day at home, she is diaperless, and we're mostly avoiding accidents. The only way I can see to make her more aware of her bodily functions when she's in bed and in her car seat, is to put her in cotton.

Once Precious is an expert at taking herself to the potty at home and telling me when she needs to go when we're out, I'll put regular underwear on her. That is when she'll be a "grad." Hopefully this will happen in the next month, before Bubby arrives. Right now, with her still teething, especially at night this is a lost cause :). Transitioning to a toddler bed will make it a lot easier for her to get to the potty at night.

I'm also creating an order for wool diaper covers from Mountain Station Woolsies. The advantages of wool covers are:

  1. Breathability in hot weather, warmth in cold weather
  2. Absorbency without feeling wet on the outside
  3. Antibacterial (the lanolin in wool has this quality)
  4. Quick-drying after a wetting

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sharon,
You may want to check out this site: http://earthbaby.com/
I had checked it out when my niece was to be born, but we did not need the diapers as she passed away. They have some really nice cloth diapers and other products.
Anonymous said…
I left all of mine in pull-ups at night until they were going all night without using the restroom. It only took a few months. I only had to buy them a couple of times after they were potty trained. They could make it through their nap, so I didn't put one on them for that. And if they made it through the night, I would re-use the pull up.
I did not want to get up in the middle of the night, unless I had to! It was easier to deal with one child than two at 3am!!
But, I'm sure it would be nice to have her COMPLETELY potty trained before Lucas gets here!