Weekend update

Our church hosted Bro. Donny Reagan for Memorial Day meetings this weekend. We tried to make it to the Friday night service, but had so much to pack, etc., that we barely made it to Bro. Jeremy and Sis. Melody's and just went to bed. The guys got up at 5:00 AM to go striper/ other fishing. We had such wonderful fellowship with our brothers and sisters! And Sis. Melody cooked a fabulous-beyond-belief venison shepherd's pie! I think New Daddy is blogging about the fishing trip while I'm blogging about the weekend, so he should have a post soon, too.

We really enjoyed the services and getting to see and meet so many precious people. After the service this morning, we had a potluck dinner. Then, instead of staying for softball, we decided to head home. It was extremely hot, Precious was tired, New Daddy was tired and already sunburned, and the softball game was starting later than we expected. So, we headed home. Precious was asleep less than five minutes after we left. Shortly after we started out, it started raining. We were kind of glad that we weren't on a softball field :P.

I drove the second half of the trip home, and after New Daddy walked in the door from sleeping in the car, he melted into the bed and slept another two hours. Precious wasn't waking up either, so I put her in bed with him and ironed while I listened to the service at my parents' church. It was a sermon all parents and teenagers should hear-- about their relationships-- plus a lot more. I had forgotten how wonderful Bro. Luke's "everyday living" sermons were. Those sermons really helped me through some tough spots when I was younger. New Daddy woke up at the end, heard singing and thought it was the song service, and thought he was getting ready to hear some preaching!

Precious is still asleep, so I'm guessing (hoping) she's down for the night. It has been a wonderful weekend. I wouldn't trade my brothers and sisters in Christ for anybody! We usually get worn out when we spend the weekend in Alabama, but we sure wouldn't trade the fellowship or the folks!

Comments

Anonymous said…
There were more teens than usual present in that particular service, and the Holy Spirit moved in a great way. Two of Bro. Luke's sisters were there with their families.

I remarked to mother much the same thing that you observed about Bro. Lukes' pastoral sermons on the way home.