Ruthi's 65!

Ruthi had a birthday yesterday, but I wasn't home to wish her a happy one on my blog. I'm sure it was, with all of those wonderful children and grandchildren! Most of the ideas for things that I do for my family came from Ruthi: grinding wheat, Super Baby Food, and child training. She has been such a blessing to us!

I wasn't home yesterday, because we went over to Uncle B and Aunt Mo's for a cookout with Joe and Rachel. We had almost forgotten how crazy and fun Joe and Rachel are, we haven't seen them in so long! Their visit resulted in our feeding a goldfish to Mo's Oscar fish (way better entertainment than a movie, for only $ .28!). And a hilarious game of Monopoly that ended in Rachel cleaning everybody out. I was glad to be the banker; I can't handle the emotional highs and lows from having and losing everything all at the same time, much less the heated exchanges! It was tons of fun.

We got home a little after midnight, collapsed into bed, and woke up at 6:30 so New Daddy could catch the bus. Which he missed, because we couldn't find his wallet! As he was getting out of his car at the terminal, the bus pulled away. So, he drove on to work and will be coming home late.

Right now, Precious loves saying "Thank you" (still sounds like "aa-choo"). She takes my grocery list while we're shopping, just so she can give it back to me. When she offers it, she says "aa-choo," and waits for me to take it and say "Thank You!" When she's on the toilet, she picks an imaginary speck off the potty seat and "hands" it to me, just to get me to say the magic words. It is so fun to see toddlers learn by repetition!

One last cute toddler-thing. The other morning, I was helping her out of her sleep blanket and I accidentally bent her arm an odd way. "I'm sorry!" I exclaimed.

"It's okay," she replied. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is too cute! It shows that young children really do pick up on what they see us do and say. If we respond positively, they will too.

Lord Bless!