Dead Sea Scrolls and a new radiator

And more Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Only it was New Daddy who came down with it Saturday. Precious is almost over it. She did get a few bumps on her feet, but eating is a lot better now. I finally realized that she didn't like the porridge because her mouth was sore. So Friday, she ate lots of bananas! This morning, she ate her porridge with no complaints. New Daddy's back was killing him and he was running a pretty hefty fever, so he slept in my lap during most of the car trip to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at Discovery Place in Charlotte.

Around Rock Hill, my dad discovered that the Caravan was overheating. This had been a problem on the way to the Smokies last summer, but they took the truck instead and forgot about it. So, he called up my Uncle Mark in Charlotte, and Mark ran out and got a new radiator for us. Then, he drove all the way to downtown Charlotte to eat lunch with us. Then, after we saw the Scrolls, we all barged in on them while my dad changed out the radiator in their driveway. Needless to say, Mark, Aunt Kaye, and Brian were the forbearance-heroes this weekend! They were so good to us.

New Daddy's parents also joined us to see the Scrolls this weekend. Their reservation time was 1:00, and ours was 3:00, so they were able to keep Precious while we went through the exhibit. That was really nice, because it was not ideal for small children. Instead, they took her to the preschooler-stuff on the ground floor, and she played in the water and rode the tractor with about five different things in her hands, while soliciting applause from her admiring audience. In other words-- she had a blast with Mimi and Poppy while her parents got a break!

We made it out of the house with our camera and the memory card, so here are a few shots. I have more posted on my photo site.

In front of the Discovery Place main entrance with the Scrolls-display
(Precious and my mom in front; L-R back: Uncle Mark, me, Aunt R, Aunt M, my dad)

My dad's hard-workin' hands

The stroller brigade-- It was a georgeous evening while my dad worked, so we walked to the lake and threw bread to the fish. Aunt M is pushing Precious, and Aunt Kaye is pushing Brian.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just THOUGHT that they were going away! Ethan still has problems eating some things. It was just the beginning and I didn't realize it!!! My children never got any on their body--it was all in their mouths! It has been horrible.
I hope that Brother Ben is feeling better. I know that it had to be rough on him!!
New Mommy said…
That's the way it was here. I thought Renee was over most of it, and then came the foot bumps!

Ben is doing a lot better. His throat has sores, but they aren't hurting him anymore. Hot chamomile tea helped a lot the other night.