Easter and New Daddy's vacation

We had a nice Easter in Alabama. We got the camera to the car-- a real accomplishment for us. Then, we realized that the memory card was still in the computer. So, we have no Easter pics until Melody sends us some of hers ;). For lunch and festivities, we were invited over to Shelley's house, where she and her family had prepared some awesome vittles! Then, the kids all went on an Easter egg hunt, which Precious enjoyed watching while she barked at Frodo the dog. We got home earlier than normal, since there wasn't an evening service.

New Daddy has been off work yesterday and today. It is so nice to have my best buddy around! This morning he got up at 5:30 to go fishing for spotted bass on Lake Allatoona. Maybe he'll blog about it, so I won't spill his news. He came home around noon.

Around the house, he's been finishing the steps between the two retaining walls in our back yard. This is good and bad. Good-- our yard will have a focal point, Bad-- I have to do some plantings. I think part of me (my black thumb) was happy it took him a year and a half to finish.

Precious typically has two types of potty days: ones that start well and end poorly, or the opposite. Other than her waking up dry Sunday morning (!), we're in a hit-and-miss rut. Today, I bought her real underwear and poise pads, lol! I'm hoping this combination will take away the secure feeling she gets while using her diaper for a potty, and offer some protection for my carpet. The good news is that when I let her run around the bathroom naked (great fun for a toddler), and she needs to tee-tee, she goes and sits on her potty, instead of peeing on herself! This wasn't always the case. So, at least she knows what to do where.

Cutie-pie moment. We were going outside to visit Daddy. Suspended between the deck railing and stair rise was a spider web with a fluttering leaf stuck in it. Precious studied it for at least two full minutes. I love children's curiosity!

Comments

New Mommy said…
Someone left some comments about downloading Audacity and doing some mastering (Daddy?). These comments disappeared, thanks to a blogger error.

I have Audacity, and it is a great little program! I've been using it to create samples for the cd website, but I hadn't explored its eq-ing features.

Guess what! Danny read my blog, and he's going to remaster the recording for me. I hadn't wanted to bother him, but he offered to do it.