Birthday party weekend!

I didn't have time to post much last week, because I was getting the house and food ready for Precious' 1st birthday party, which came off wonderfully last Saturday! We had more family than we really had room for (I'm sorry some of you guys had to eat standing :(), but it was such a jolly crowd! Precious was delighted to have all of the folks over to help her celebrate. Thanks to everyone who was here to make it such a special day!

I had lots of help with the food. Mimi made an extra pound cake after I discovered that my coconut oil carrot cake might not be enough for 23 people--at the last minute! Plus that, she made a delicious queso-beef dip. Aunt Mo made awesome chicken salad sandwiches on homemade w.w. bread. My mother made a tangy potato salad, and tried to get here in time for us to enjoy the veggie tray and spinach dip. But, because they brought Cousins I and S with them, and it was not to be for them to be on time :). Such is life with kids! (and with a toothache-- my dad) I really appreciated their efforts, though!

Okay, enough of the food. Can you tell I'm pregnant, nursing and eating all the time??? At least we're only nursing three times a day :).

***PICTURES!!!***
Some of the crowd eating


Precious reaching for the cake (Thanks Melody for the caterpillar idea! Thanks Ruthi for the straw-legs!)


Cousin E watching Precious tear into her cake ("Why is she getting all that cake and I'm not getting any?")
Precious nibbling at her cake

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! Just viewed the photos! Looks like everyone had a GREAT time! And Renee is so adorable!!!!!! I never tire of seeing pics. of her! God Bless!
Anonymous said…
Sorry! Forgot, again, to leave my name! It was me that left the above comment.

Heather
Anonymous said…
Hey! Renee is so adorable!!! I have enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Crissi