Breakfast Adventures

It took three spoons to feed Precious this morning. At first, she kept reaching for the one I was feeding her with, so I went and got her another one to play with. Well, she played happily with that spoon for a while, and then she started reaching for mine again with her free hand. So, I hopped up and got her another spoon. That did the trick. She sat there, banging her spoons on the tray, banging them together, tossing them on the tray, etc., sighing contentedly and grinning the whole time. It was adorable, and I could hardly feed her for smooching her.

Then, after she had thrown both spoons on the floor, we decided it was time to get out of the high chair and go visit the spoons on the floor. The spoons didn't hold her interest for long, but the window sure did! After that, she discovered a little round something on the floor and decided to give it the taste test. I thought, "Oh, it's near the high chair, it must be some food that dropped." Oh, no it wasn't. Suddenly, I remembered the ladybug that had died at that spot last night.... "AAAAAAHH!!" I screamed and frantically stuck my fingers in her mouth to retrieve the ladybug. I finally got it, despite her lock-jawed resistance.

I'm still working on training her to open her mouth when I say so. Life is always adventurous with children. :)

Comments